Friday, May 6, 2011

The Struggle




This is a battlefield and yet my eyes are haunted by you
The sparks of gunfire reminds me of the stars I once knew
The flashes of lightning brings forth the fireworks that once flew

The night before I sailed and press your hand upon my heart
I prayed to the wind that we shall never be forever apart
If only the sea were dry our tragedy would never ever start

The vows that we took as we shook the fear of separation
I sense the tremble in your voice as we kiss in desperation
Only silence held our tears and unwanted confrontation

I kept everything as I force my way through this insanity
That your words will fill my thoughts against any profanity
Through the letters I receive from you against this calamity

I will carve my bayonet into the flesh of all our enemies
To bring forth the answer for our woes with all remedies
To end this eternal nightmare with its absolute tragedies

For I fear that your tears fall heavily upon this hellish jungle
That not only my life but your dreams are filled with struggle
If only fate and destiny can be pushed in a corner to haggle

Even worse than the deep trenches we make here like a grave
Are the loved ones, at home, whom our lives we willingly gave
As they die alone in hunger, our presence they often crave

We blend our pains and doubts with the cold and damp mud
So that we can escape and rid the lust for revenge and blood
And hope that we can plant peace whose life is just a bud

I miss you for you are the home where my heart truly lies
For it is there that I want to end this love that never dies
If only I can come back to gaze upon the stars in your eyes
I can lie blissfully in your bosom and hear no more cries


18010140140905

No comments:

Post a Comment