Friday, July 22, 2011

The Weight of Love


You once asked me
How much I love thee
For it’s hard to foresee
But my reply will oft be

Until the final breath
Right beside of death
Until my last might
To behold you is right
Until my soul is torn
For you I will be reborn

Then I once asked you
If my love you often knew
For it’s hard to see it through
But my heart will remain true

Until the final light
Even if I lose my sight
Until the end of a song
Even if it’s tune is wrong
Until the last dance
Even if it’s only a chance

Then we once asked each other
If our love will be a bother
For it’s different from another
But our hearts sees even farther

Beyond where the sun sets
Through death with no regrets
Beyond the skies that burn
Pushing destiny’s face to turn
Beyond all the stars that fall
Together we can have it all

18010140140905

1 comment:

  1. This has got to be one your best romantic poems I've ever read. the message sounds ever so sweet and the rhythm flows oh so nicely. Also your word selection is just excellent as usual. I'm also a fan of the color scheme as well. It fits nice with your blogs background.

    ReplyDelete